Wednesday 24 April 2013

Wakan tool kanji tip


So I have copied a Japanese web page to my computer clipboard memory and now I have them displayed in Wakan using the "Character" menu choice for the clipboard content.  How do I now get a copy of any one of those unique and sorted kanji for a text search elsewhere ?

TIP : I display the UNICODE on the Wakan character details so I copy that 4-hex value and enter it into a CTRL-f search at http://kanji.aule-browser.com/henshall-sorted-urlencoded.html and very often get a hit and just copy that kanji from its row.

My next stop now that I have the kanji is often jisho.org

Why not just go to jisho and search by Unicode ? Because if I must do several kanji, I find that having the web page linked above open in a browser tab is simply faster - most often ... and the Henshall number is in plain view.




No comments: